Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Races? Not Me!

  
              I see you over there. Looking at me all wide eyed from behind the safety of your Washington time news paper. if I could read your mind and know the truth without even asking and having to leaning to your "around the boat"  lies, because it's much easier for you to lie in my face than to explain to me why you hate me when you've never met me so there for you do not know who I am. What I've been through, the fact that I'm a very smart and intelligent for my age, but you don't care! You rather go on what you hear and place me in the mix of the average African American stereotype! Like the phrases "being unique" does not exist! You scowl and look down your nose at me. And yet, when I confront you about your dirty looks and racial slurs you get offended and say "well I'd never" ... and yet you do. Yeah I see you and I know how you are, an under cover racist.            

                 The true problem with racism is that people try to cover it up. People are so Self Centered that they'd rather go on what they hear and see from different times and different places. No one is the same, and the faster people realize that the better. The fact that it's inevitable for civilized black people to avoid the races and stereotypical civilization we live in. that the “wall” is still there no matter how long we try to chip away at it, and we’ve “chipping” for century. So how long will it take tell this pointless racism end? By the way it’s looking, way after when my time is up.
            Pleases forgive my anger, but once you get to the age when you start to understand what’s going on in the world you start to ask “why?”. Not “why” it is still here, most of us know why is still here. It’s here because the racist jokes and slurs keep them alive. But I’m talking about the question, why give it so much power to still exist in the world? There are way too many, much bigger problems on this sweet mother earth that we were so graciously given, and just like everything else we took it for granted and she's dying slowly. Because it's hard argue over something dumb with nothing to back yourself on, but is even harder to argue period if you’re dead because there's no earth the live on.
            You can hate me all you want, as long as there's a reason. But if the expect me to care that's another story. you can hate all you want, and you can hold your nose so high to the sky that you get a nose bleed, but only god's opinions the one I'm looking for so you can just stop wasting my time and yours.
            
           

7 comments:

  1. Dang girl!! You have a really nice start. Don't apologize. You are right. Why do we have to judge others? Why should we act like this? We think we are civilized, intelligent, and the best but are we? I mean we are killing our planet, killing other animals, killing ourselves, and insulting and creating things like racism. How can we be smart when we have made such a mess to ourselves and others? This is truly angering. To see people believe they are superior just because they look a certain way! WE are too self-centered and true TOE-HEADED ROOTWADS!! By the way you have a few spelling errors that we can fix in class tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YUUU!!! we are on the same page!! out of all the problems in the world people waste time on racism!! i mean, im a person JUST LIKE YOU!! and why is it that the us kids can go on fine with out racist problems (most of us any way)!!! they need to get over themselves and help us clean the river!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you took a strong position and went with it. I believe that sometimes people don't realize that they are being racist. I once had a teacher who came to my school to teach because he said that he wanted, "to help the African-American students to succeed and get to college." He did not realize that by assuming that we needed guidance, that he was actually being prejudiced because he assumed that we could not succeed without his help because we were black. I also enjoy how you did a different perspective. It was more like someone sitting on the train, talking to someone. I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i Like the begininng and the dialogue you use. I also like the picture. It commends the first paragraph of your blog. It is not ok to judge others. You should get to know someone, or have a conversation with them. People always seem to assume that African Americans need help. I sometimes think that that was just the way they were raised. Nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed, Reggie. The use of the picture and the way she begins hit hard, because we've all been in situation where people hide scowls behind newspapers. You have a really good voice in this blog, just be sure to edit well also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks mr.Tim'm every one else. @ Cynthia, i feel you on your teacher and really hopes he's not at your school anymore lls.
    and thenks Reggie
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your blog especially in your first paragraph with the example with the newspaper because you never know what people are thinking but you can tell a lot from someone's facial expression a lot of times.

    ReplyDelete